Tuesday, June 30, 2015

[Japanese Movie Review] Kiseijuu / Parasyte Part 1


Kiseijuu / Parasyte is a live action movie based on a manga written by Iwaaki Hitoshi. It's parted into several parts, and I will write a review about the part 1 which was released on 2014. The part 2 has already been released on April 2015 on the cinema, I haven't watched it thought, hehe...

The story start when the worms fall from the sky as parasites. They get into human's head through ears and eat human brains. The victim will be a worm monster in a human shape which can change in some different shape. A worm wanted to eat Izumi Shinichi's (played by Sometani Shota) brain. It failed because Shinichi wore an earphone. Instead, the worm ate Shinichi's hand and that's how the monster started to be Shinichi's right hand. Later, the monster is called Migi (voice by Sadao Abe), and the journey to find its identity starts...

Well, I don't have much to say for this movie, but I love the CG of the movie because it's so good that it doesn't look like a fake to me. The story is good, and the actors, actress, and everything in the movie are also good. I don't read the manga, so I don't really know if there is any difference between the movie and the manga, but with just watching the movie, I'm quite satisfied with the movie, and looking forward to watch the next part!

I recommend this movie to those who likes manga or fantasy/fiction movie genre. I give 8 out of 10 points for this movie.

*this review is a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if there are any mistakes, feel free to make a correction*

2 comments: