Sunday, July 12, 2015

[Dorama Review] Bokura no Yuuki: Miman Toushi / Miman City

 
Bokura no Yuuki: Miman Toushi / Miman City. This is a very old dorama, broadcasted in 1997. However I found it quite interesting.

The story starts with a big news in Japan about Makuhara City. The news said a big earthquake hits the Makuhara City. Kiichi (played by Kohara Yuki) lives in Makuhara.


Losing contact with his bestfriend Kiichi, Makoto (played by Domoto Koichi) tries to go to Makuhara. On the way there, he made a friend with someone who also wants to go to Makuhara, Takeru (played by Domoto Tsuyoshi).


Together, they go to Makuhara, and find out it's quite strange. All the soldiers are guarding and no one could enter the city. They sneaking into the city and finally they find out it's not an earthquake...


What I can say about this dorama is unique and different. It's not a mainstream dorama and quite thrilling. The idea of the dorama is absolutely excellent and I personally think the Domoto brothers were so good in acting way back there, especially Koichi (well, yeah, I think he was better in acting back then more than now). Tsuyoshi is just more compatible, or I could say the best with the romance genre dorama, not this kind of dorama. You can see the little Matsumoto Jun and Masaki Aiba here also.

Little MatsuJun

Little Masaki Aiba (left)

I hope I'm not being subjective since I was one of KinKi Kids fans, but overall, this dorama is very good, except the retro quality of the dorama since it was broadcasted long time ago.

This dorama is absolutely a must watch dorama for all the KinKi Kids fans since the Domoto brothers are the two main casts here. For others, I think this dorama is also recommended for its uniqueness dorama plot, a not-so-mainstream dorama. I give this dorama 7.5 out of 10 points.

*This review is just a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if you find any mistakes, feel free to make a correction*

0 comments:

Post a Comment