Tuesday, January 24, 2017

[Dorama Review] MARS ~ ただ, 君を愛してる~ / MARS ~ Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru

Just finished watching this dorama today, so let me write some review when it's still hot in my mind: 
MARS ~ Just, I love you

This dorama was aired in 2016, and in additional, a movie was also made as the sequence of this dorama.


In every episodes of the dorama, you will eventually see a brief introduction of this main characters:

Kashino Rei, a boy who holds light and shadow (played by Fujigaya Taisuke of Kis-My-Ft2).
Kashino is a violent playboy who seems to not afraid of anything and will eventually beat someone who is in his way. All woman would fall for his handsome look with a cool Ducati motorbike.


Asou Kira, high school girl who closed her heart (played by Iitoyo Marie). Kira is a strange and introvert girl with a great talent of being an artist. One day, Kashino saw her drawing and amazed with it. From that on, their start to know each other,


Guess, what? A violent handsome boy with an ugly strange introvert girl starts dating? So impossible! Well, Iitoyo Marie is absolutely not ugly, but I think they are trying to make an impression as if she is nerd, strange, and ugly (;¬_¬) There's no way the producer would use a real ugly woman as an actress, right!? Even though I think everyone is actually beautiful in their own way, only some people got their beauty hidden.



Another classic story, all the girls got jealous because that ugly introvert girl is dating 'their' handsome man, and Kira starts to be bullied. If it were me, then I will kick and punch the girls and said "Hey, it's him who loves me first!" (ꐦ°᷄д°᷅)


And another character came, Kirishima Makio, exchange student who holds the fate (played by Kubota Masataka). He was in the same school with Kashino before, so, he knows all the Kashino's past story. Kirishima who seems to be an introvert also, join the same art club with Kira.
While I don't want to be a spoiler, Kirishima played the mysterious important part in this dorama.


The three of the main characters are battling over the fate for love, or that's what the movie said at least.

This dorama is actually based on the manga MARS by Souryo Furumi. The Taiwanese version of live action drama has also been made before.

When I watch the first few episodes, it was quite annoying for me. A classic standard story. Handsome cool boy who likes introvert strange girl, where the girl will be bullied later on. Well, that's impossible to happen in the real life, isn't it?? Even though I always think it would be nice if I could be either the handsome boy side or the introvert girl side like in those story.

However, starting in the middle of the dorama, I'm quite curious. Well, it's still a classic story where the handsome boy actually has some secret about his past, but it somehow make the dorama more colorful, more interesting. And Kirishima is the one who knows his past.

The end of the dorama is the climax, I guess? The dorama ended up in full of mystery, full of curiosity, and likely to be continued in the movie. However, starting from that the end of the dorama, I could realize that this dorama is worth to watch. Unexpected story, not a really mainstream dorama, not like what I though at first.

Other than its story, I think the way this dorama is taken is unique. Sometimes, it feels like a kind of short story, being put on together and there it is, this dorama, and I still can understand it well because it's connected.

It's been a while since I watch a quite interesting dorama, since the last few doramas I watch is just so so, or even bad.

I gave this dorama 7.5 out of 10 for this dorama.

*this review is a personal opinion and made by me who is a newbie reviewer, if there is any mistakes, please feel free to make a correction*

1 comment:

  1. It is taken from the Chinese version named as "Mars",aired in 2008, which is mesmerizing and heart touching as well..and the actors did such an excellent job which makes it an evergreen hit..

    ReplyDelete